The Symposium on Physical Exercise and Brain Health will feature the following speakers:
- Laura Baker, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Public Health, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Michelle Carlson, M.D., Associate Professor of Mental Health and Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD.
- Carl Cotman, Ph.D., Professor of Neurobiology and Behavior and Neurology, University of California, Irvine, CA
- Kirk Erickson, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Arthur Kramer, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, Director of the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL.
- Mark Mattson, Ph.D., Chief, Neuroscience Division, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD.
- Wendy Suzuki, Ph.D., Professor of Neural Science and Psychology in the Center for Neural Science at New York University, New York, NY.
- Henriette van Praag, Ph.D., Chief, Neuroplasticity and Behavior Unit, Intramural Program, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD.
Introductory remarks will be delivered by Dr. James Hicks, Director of the Exercise Medicine and Sports Sciences Initiative and Dr. Michael Yassa, Director of the Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory.